Porter Consulting Engineers is committed to ensuring that privacy is protected for users of our website. The following outlines how we protect any information that is provided by users of our website.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change our policy from time to time to improve our security. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This statement is effective from 5 June 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to providing our services to our clients
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We use the information to provide you with our services.
- We send information to you about your project using the contact details which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for comment about our services. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail and use this information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Our webpage service provider uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps them analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to client needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help provide us with a better website, by enabling monitoring of which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This however, may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for other purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for improving our services, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to outside third parties unless we are required by law to do so. This does not include third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those third parties agree to keep this information confidential.